Safe System Foundations is a support strategy essential to the successful implementation of the four cornerstones and achieving our vision.
uses a results-focused road safety management system that links what we are all doing (outputs) to what we are all trying to achieve (outcomes) to focus attention on substantial improvements in road safety for Western Australia.
Starting at the base of the pyramid we will continue to improve our data collection, information management and research capacity so that we understand the road safety problems and solutions better.
We will use this to build the capacity in our organisations to understand and lead the changes needed to inform and drive implementation of our key interventions for, and with, our community.
We will improve our ability to monitor and report on progress to political leaders, decision makers and the community.
To prevent death and serious injury by developing support initiatives to ensure effective implementation of proven measures within the strategy cornerstones
will focus on the following:
- Providing evidence through data collection and research to inform decision making and educate the community.
- Developing an understanding of, and support for, road safety as a discipline within Road Safety Council agencies through effective co-ordination.
- Building capacity and knowledge sharing within the agencies that contribute to road safety outcomes and throughout government and the community.
- Continuing to build partnerships with industry, the non-government sector and the community to work together to implement proven initiatives.
We have identified some preliminary performance indicators, which we intend to use to monitor and report on our progress annually. These indicators will be further developed and refined through the action plans:
- Community views about the level of road trauma in Western Australia and the progress being made to reduce it.
- Percentage of the community that report taking specific actions intended to improve road safety for themselves, their family or others.